This last month has proved a busy period in the transfer market with activity and interest being shown to a number of Selsport goalkeepers. One deal that has been completed is that of Bartosz Bialkowski – the excellent shot stopper who made a number of Man of the Match performance’s last season with Notts County attracted the attention of Championship club Ipswich Town.
Bialkowski made his debut against West Ham with the blues boss Mick McCarthy commenting of his new arrival: “We’ve been trying to get him for a long time. And we’ve all seen why I’ve tried to get him because he played well tonight.”
Selsport caught up Bartosz during a busy pre-season and he was kind enough to answer some of our questions.
Hi Bartosz thanks for taking time to talk to Selsport;
First of all the minute quiz tell us your preference?
• Steak or Fish = Fish
• Favourite Movie = Taken
• Ideal Car = Porsche Panamera
• Holiday Choice = Thailand
• Favourite other sport? Basketball
• You have just moved to Ipswich Town, was it a tough decision to leave Magpies?
BB – I really enjoyed my time at Notts County but I wanted to move forward. I had 2 good seasons in League 1 and wanted to test myself at championship again.
• What are you expecting for the season ahead?
BB – I’m expecting to play in as many games as possible.
• What differences have you noticed since arriving?
BB – First thing that comes to my head is the difference in the training ground. The training pitches are the best I’ve ever seen! All you want is to training and diving on them.
• I’m sure moving to a new club can be a challenge, how do you settle down and concentrate on your job?
BB – Moving houses that is a challenge!! Absolutely the worst part of changing the club!
• What would you say are your games main strengths?
BB – I would love to say I’m a good all round goalkeeper, and still improving.
• Whats important for your diet?
BB – I’m trying to eat properly, as a professional footballer I need to look after myself.
• Looking back as a goalkeeper coming through the ranks what did you find tough and what would you suggest to any young goalkeeper in that position to work on?
BB – Always give 100% no matter if it’s a training session or a match and that will pay off in the future. Trust me.
• How do you keep yourself motivated as a goalkeeper?
BB – My motivation is my family, everything I do I’m doing for them!
• What have you got your sights on for this season?
BB – On winning promotion to premier league!
• You have been using Selsport gloves and prefer an Aqua what makes them stand out for you?
BB – They’ve been giving me confidence. They were just perfect for me. Grip was unreal!
• You will be using the Wrappa Aqua this season what do you think of the new glove?
BB – I haven’t used them yet but I love the look of them!
• Can you give us a Bartosz Bialkowski top goalkeeping TIP?
BB – Always keep your eyes on the ball!
Great interview thanks for taking time out to talk to Selsport and good luck from all of us for the season.